Thank you for checking out the Elsinore First Assembly (EFA) website. Our hope is that you will come be a part of all that God is doing in people’s lives. We know that Jesus came to give us an abundant life and that is our hope for you: that you would experience real life found only in Jesus.
Pastor Fred Rodriguez
What We Believe
The Four Defining Truths (Core Beliefs) of Elsinore First Assembly:
1. Salvation through Jesus Christ
(John 3:3, 6-7)
2. Divine Healing
3. Baptism in the Holy Spirit
(Acts 2:4, 8:12-17, 10:44-46, 1 Corinthians 12)
4. The Second Coming of Christ
(1 Corinthians 15:51-52, 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17)
These truths weave in and out through everything we do; teaching, music, preaching, and discussions.
We will be a church with genuine expression of heartfelt reverence and adoration towards God.
We will be a church with an intentional and genuine tool to bring people together to serve each other in spiritual unity.
We will be a church who develops followers of Christ for ministry through the Word of God.
We will be a church with a heart to impact those around us.
We will be a church who shares the Good News that Jesus Christ conquered sin, how He is the driving force of our existence.
Our 16 Fundamental Truths
1. WE BELIEVE…The Scriptures are Inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE… There is only One True God–revealed in three persons…Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
3. WE BELIEVE… In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE… though originally good, Man Willingly Fell to Sin–ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE… Every Person Can Have Restored Fellowship with God Through ‘Salvation’ (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin).
6. WE BELIEVE… and practice two ordinances— (1) Water Baptism by Immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE…the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a Special Experience Following Salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
8. WE BELIEVE… The Initial Physical Evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,’ as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. WE BELIEVE… Sanctification Initially Occurs at Salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
10. WE BELIEVE… The Church has a Mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. WE BELIEVE… A Divinely Called and Scripturally Ordained Leadership Ministry Serves the Church. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers-the Church.
12. WE BELIEVE… Divine Healing of the Sick is a Privilege for Christians Today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
13. WE BELIEVE… The Blessed Hope-When Jesus Raptures His Church Prior to His Return to Earth (the second coming) At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
14. WE BELIEVE… The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel and the establishment of universal peace.
15. WE BELIEVE… A Final Judgment Will Take Place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. WE BELIEVE…and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!’